A B2B marketplace for reliable tech vendors, who specialize in staff augmentation for clients is actively looking for a Data Engineer to join its high-performing team.
- Design, develop and maintain an infrastructure for streaming, processing and storage of data. Build tools for effective maintenance and monitoring of the data infrastructure.
- Contribute to key data pipeline architecture decisions and lead the implementation of major initiatives.
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop scalable and performant solutions for their data requirements, including extraction, transformation and loading of data from a range of data sources.
- Develop the team’s data capabilities – share knowledge, enforce best practices and encourage data-driven decisions.
- Develop data retention policies, backup strategies and ensure that the firm’s data is stored redundantly and securely.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of distributed computing principles.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of building scalable and performant data infrastructure.
- Expert SQL knowledge and deep experience working with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache Kafka and demonstrated proficiency in Hadoop v2, HDFS, and MapReduce.
- Experience with stream-processing systems (e.g. Storm, Spark Streaming), big data querying tools (e.g. Pig, Hive, Spark) and data serialization frameworks (e.g. Protobuf, Thrift, Avro).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
- Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone.
What We Offer
- An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company.
- The opportunity to work with a high performing team.
- A competitive salary package.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection).
- The chance of being a fundamental part of the team and make a difference.
What will the process look like?
- Application: you will submit your CV online, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete.
- Test: you will take a 75 min online test.
- Interview: there will be 2 rounds of interviews.
Interested candidates, please send your cv to email@example.com