A leading IT business consultancy who are staffed by a team of global industry veterans and digital specialists is looking for a Senior Linux Engineer to join their growing team.
• Evaluate, test, build and maintain solutions to support a variety of requests; applying relevant policies, standards, and best practice to ensure the resilience and longevity of systems and solutions.
• Monitoring and supporting the Linux estate on a day-to-day basis, responding to client's requests and providing escalation support to internal service desk team.
• Take a leading role in coordinating and engineering the technical delivery and maintenance of applications to documented standards.
• Work with other SMEs and MSPs to provision related system configurations including web applications, databases, load balancer configurations, storage and backup services.
• Create written procedures and other technical documentation to underpin effective system support and implementation.
• Understand and improve business processes and procedures related to implementation and maintenance of Linux systems and related applications
• Opportunity to be involved in different internal and external projects with varies teams
Skills and experience
*Extensive knowledge of LAMP and LEMP stacks
• Knowledge of containers (Docker), cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
• Knowledge in VMware and networks
• Broad understanding and/or experience across various applications (Apache, Nginx, Postfix) and databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Expertise in root cause analysis for problems
• Knowledge of automation with Ansible and source code management (Git) is an advantage
• Expertise in Citrix ADC configuration and management is an advantage
• Good knowledge of scripting languages (go/bash/python) is an advantage
• Relevant certification and training (e.g. RHCE, LFCSE etc.)
Interested candidates, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org